- 1 cup sticky rice ( wash )
- 4 cups water
- 2 tbs butter
- 1/2 cup corn ( frozen/fresh/in tin ) no matter...
- salt & sugar to taste
Saturday, January 9, 2010
I'm a bit under the weather lately
sore throat,flu.a bit feverish.
no fun! =(
so for lunch today i cooked the ultimate comfort food
of all time..
well,at first i just wanna eat ol' plain porridge
but then beskut ask me how to make corn in a cup
then,what the hey..might as well throw in some of the corn right?
let's cook,shall we?
- Melt the butter,and toss in the corn.cook a minute or two.
- Add the rice and water. cook on high till come to a boil.
- Keep stirring to avoid burning.
- Reduce the heat,put on a lid.cook well till the rice become kinda double it size.
- Add salt and sugar to taste.
- Serve while it still hot.
truthfully...i dunno what it taste likes..
my runny nose kinda shut down my taste buds.
haha..but do gv it a try..
i promise,u cant go wrong with this combo..
Thursday, January 7, 2010
is there a reason NOT to eat chocolate?
please don't answer that..
okay,maybe for chocolate hater ( what??!! ...yep,im talking bout u salina..hehe)
or allergic to chocolate.
but not me.
i HEART chocolate
any kind.white,dark,semi sweet,brownies,cake,tart,ice cream...
didn't i said,any kind?hehe..
so yesterday i baked this.
super easy,super yummy!
let's bake,shall we?
The tart shell :
- 2 cups a.p flour
- 4 tbs cocoa powder
- 14 tbs powdered sugar
- 2 sticks butter ( cubed)
- 2 egg yolks - beaten
- 4 tbs ice water
- Add flour,cocoa powder,powdered sugar in a bowl.mix it well.
- Crumble butter with flour mixture a couples of cubed at a time using only your finger tips until it resemble a crumbs.
- Add yolks and water,knead only until just become dough
- Wrap in a plastic cling,chilled for 1 hour.
- 2 cups vanilla flavored milk
- 4 tbs sugar
- 2 bars Alpen Gold Dark Chocolate ( yup,i'm using choco bars,not cooking choc ) - chopped
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar ( supposed to be powdered sugar,but i'm out )
- i have NO rolling pan.haha..so i just push the dough inside the tart pans till fully covered.
- Prick bottom of crust in several places with fork. Blind-bake crust: Line crust with foil that hangs over edges. fill with dried beans. Bake 20 minutes.let stand 5 minutes.Lift foil and beans from crust.
- Cook milk and sugar till the milk scalded
- Add in the chocolate a handful a time.keep whisking till all melted.
- Remove from heat,add egg one at a time while keep whisking.
- Pour into tart shell
- Baked on pre heated 200 celcius oven for 20 minutes.and another 10 minutes on 250 celcius.
- Let cool before try to consume..
I've been baking butter cake for so long using this recipe that i forgot where i got the recipe from.no matter..its tasty,buttery,and easy to bake within 1hour for times like last minute birthday parties between us.i think,all of my friends already received at least once for their birthday,or if they requested it from me.yep..im kind hearted..i take baking requests..hehehe...
let's bake shall we?
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 125 g / 1 stick butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup milk
- Sift together a.p flour,salt and baking powder.set aside.
- Cream the butter till white and fluffy
- Add sugar,vanilla,eggs.mix on medium till sugar dissolves.
- Add sifted ingredients alternately with milk
- Mix on high for 5 minutes
- Bake on pre heated oven at 180 celcius for 30 mins or until toothpick come out clean.
decorating suggestions :
- melt 1 chocolate ( normal choc bar,cadbury,alpen gold,etc ) with some milk on microwave,spread on top of the cake.hey...its fine by me..
- spread some jam...not really my fav
- sift some powdered sugar..easy,but messy..hehe
- meh..just go plain ...its yummyy on its own..
i'm starting a new food blog.
not because i'm good at cooking
but as a food diary for my self
and to share it with others
well....so far,everyone who ate my food..survive...
so,come and check my blog once in a while k..
not promising anything fancy
just a simple comfort food
or baking goods
easy recipe to follow in case u wanna try it
and if any food disaster do happen
yeah..u can blame me on it..